This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Approximately 10 years ago I passed my driving test and from what I can remember I was a quiet and calm driver. Pootling around in my green Clio, I never raised my voice or fists and politely let other road users get on with their journey.
Roll-on to now, with my more powerful Celica, and I can barely go a couple of miles without my blood-pressure rising due to another driver’s stupidity. Is it me that’s changed or have the drivers of Britain become sloppy and lazy?
My Pet Hates
There are things that people have always done and will always do, I’m sure, but it doesn’t make them any less frustrating:
- Hogging the middle lane of a motorway! This is pure laziness – there’s no other excuse for it
- Sunday drivers who think it’s Sunday every day of the week. Going half the speed limit where there’s no danger from/to other road users or pedestrians, most likely to occur where you can’t overtake
- Slow starters. Drivers who fumble with the hand-brake/gears when the lights go green, meaning at max 2 people get through the lights. Maybe put the car into gear and get ready with the handbrake if you must have it on?
- Manouvering before signal with, probably, no mirror
Then there are the things that seem to have increased within the last year:
- Corner cutting. Sloppy corner cutting from oncoming cars, so much that I have to hug/nearly hit the edge of the road to avoid hitting them
- Dazzling headlights. This isn’t those new halogen lights that seem to blind you at every bump, but those drivers who fail to dip their lights at night – either too late or not at all
Is it just me?
Does anyone have any other transport annoyances? Whatever your mode of transport.