I’m going to do my last meme for the year. That’s only because it’s nearing Christmas and work is as busy as I’ve ever seen it, trying to get a website redesign developed in time for January, and I can’t think of anything worthwhile to write about right now. I was tagged by Joe Dolson and, from the looks of it, this one has been doing the rounds!
The clue is in the title. I have to tell you five things that you probably didn’t know about me.
- I’m an avid fan of the television program “Casualty” and have been watching for over 15 years! I love the fact that it always starts out with some mundane scene, such as kids playing football, man ploughing a field with a huge rusty tractor, a factory worker shredding cardboard in an industrial shredding machine, etc. and you just know that something gruesome is about to happen to one of them.
- My first kiss wasn’t until I was 19! At a work lunch last week, a question went around the table asking how old you were when you had your first kiss. The average age must have been about 12 years old, so that’s why I refrained from answering!
- I have a bright purple mole on my right upper arm. It’s actually quite small but looks like someone once stabbed me with a purple biro.
- When I was younger I had dreams of becoming a landscape gardener or interior designer. Unfortunately, despite the Art A-level, I seem not to have much sense of “what goes together”.
- I’m a geek on the inside (well maybe outside too, but I hope not). I’ve been playing around with computers since I was 8 years old. The first computer we had was an Amstrad 386, a hand-me-down from a family friend, and one of the things I remember programming were Christmas cards. I loved choosing the colour numbers from the book, size of text and seeing how it turned out on screen. Much like the reason I love being a web developer, I suppose!
That was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be and I hope I haven’t embarrassed myself too much.